What You Need
- 2 pounds potatoes (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (light)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 pound Swiss chard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step by Step
- Cover potatoes with water in a heavy pan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, until nearly soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Chop one clove of garlic finely and mix together with sour cream, the juice and grated peel of the lemon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Thin out by mixing in 2 tablespoons water.
- Remove stems and ribs from chard and slice into very thin ribbons
- When the potatoes are nearly tender but still firm, drain them. Put the skillet back on the stove and allow to dry.
- Once water has evaporated from pan, add the oil and fry potatoes until brown, tossing occasionally. Make sure you let the potatoes sit long enough to brown before moving them.
- Slice the rest of the garlic, add it and cook another couple minutes until lightly toasted.
- Transfer crispy potatoes to a bowl and toss with the grated parmesan and chopped chard. Wait a couple of minutes for the leaves to get soft then add sauce and a few turns of the pepper grinder and toss until everything is well-coated.
- Taste before adjusting salt and pepper.
- Serve warm!
Recipe from Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association - www.pcfma.com