Chicken Fajita Pizza
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, strips
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, strips
- Pizza dough for 12 inch pizza
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Step by Step:
Yield: 8 servings
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add onions and bell peppers, cook an additional minute or so until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pizza pan with semolina flour and press dough into pan.
- Pre-bake dough until it is a very light golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter chicken over crust, spoon salsa over chicken, spread vegetable mixture over that, and finally, top with cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.