What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds small asparagus (chopped into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 dozen eggs (beaten)
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage (no anise) (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Step by Step:
- Coat a non-stick frying pan with one tablespoon of olive oil and brown the sausage.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the asparagus. Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until asparagus begins to soften.
- Add salt and pepper to the beaten eggs according to your preference. Add eggs to the sausage and asparagus mixture.
- Cook on medium heat, using a spatula to clean the sides of the frying pan.
- When eggs are almost firm, remove pan from stove and put under broiler until mixture is totally set and lightly brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe from Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association.