Make-Ahead French Toast Casserole
Instead of trashing the kitchen on Mother's Day morning, why not prepare this treat the night before, so all you have to do is bake it and serve it.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
Step by Step:
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with melted butter.
- Spread any remaining melted butter over bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange bread in two layers over brown sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, with your favorite French toast toppings.