Steamed Mussels Over Pasta
With White Wine, Butter And
What You'll Need:
- Mussels (one dozen per person)
- Angel Hair pasta (you can use fettuccini, linguini - any pasta you prefer)
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 large garlic cloves (not the bulbs, but the large pieces from the bulbs)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Fresh dill
Step by Step:
- On the stove, bring a large pot of water (8 cups) to a boil; add the dill when water boils, along with the mussels. (Note: mussels need to be washed thoroughly before cooking, ensure they are scraped and rinsed well.)
Turn the heat to medium and allow to cook till all mussels have opened up.
- Immediately remove from the stove and drain. IMPORTANT: REMOVE any and all mussels that will not open. Those should be thrown away.
- In a large pot, bring to boil water for pasta. Cook according to directions.
Enjoy! Easy, delicious and fun to make!
- In a small pot, add four sticks of unsalted butter, 1/2 cup white wine and four halved garlic cloves.
- Allow to come to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove garlic if desired.
- In a large bowl, add drained pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve on individual plates topped with a dozen mussels per serving!