Fresh Garden Cole Slaw
For those love cole slaw but not the mayonnaise.
What You'll Need:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar for a lighter and less sweet taste)
- 1 freshly squeezed orange
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly ground black pepper (season to taste)
- Salt (season to taste)
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 sweet red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, orange juice and water.
- Set aside, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Toss together cabbage, carrots, celery and onion.
- After thoroughly tossed together, add dressing from the refrigerator.
- Make certain all is coated, then gently blend in the tomato halves.
- Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.