Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 5 ounces chopped fresh spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step by Step:
- Bring chicken and broth to a boil in a small soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add orzo; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, reduce the heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- While soup simmers, beat eggs and lemon juice until frothy in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk several ladles full of the hot soup into the eggs, being careful not to curdle the eggs.
- Turn off the soup kettle; return egg and soup mixture to the pot and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.