Quick And Easy
Strawberry Tortilla Crepes
These are a nice change for breakfast!
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 12 ounces strawberry yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 cups strawberries (sliced, stems removed)
- sugar (to taste)
Step by Step:
Recipe from Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association - www.pcfma.com
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the yogurt and cream cheese. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Then add the lemon juice and mix well.
- In another bowl add as much sugar to the strawberries as you like, around 1/2 to 1 teaspoon.
- Add a little butter to a frying pan and heat to medium. Place a tortilla on top of the butter and work it around to cover the tortilla with butter as it melts.
- Place another slice of butter on top of tortilla.
- Turn the tortilla over when it browns. The butter will cook into the tortilla.
- Don't let the tortillas get too crispy. You will be rolling them with the filling inside.
- When the first tortilla is done, remove it to a plate to cool.
- Cook the next tortillas the same way, adding butter as needed.
- When the tortillas are done, add a couple of spoonfuls of the yogurt mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Lay slices of strawberries on top of the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Roll each tortilla up with the seams facing down.
- Add the rest of the yogurt mixture on top of the crepes and top with the remaining slices of strawberries.
- Top with an additional sprinkle of cinnamon.